Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” If you’re like me, every spring you want to open your windows and scrub everything down to get your home in tip-top shape.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Tampa to give your home a fresh start.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is a great time to ensure your home’s systems are working properly for the coming summer months. Homeowners in Tampa should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Test out your air conditioning system to make sure it can handle the summer heat. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters so that your HVAC system is energy efficient. Local HVAC companies may will do this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to keep your family safe. Put new batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around windows, doors, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for small cracks. Fix the caulking if needed. Install window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to enhance the energy efficiency of your windows. Open every window to ensure that they can easily move.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
Nothing makes your house shine as well as a good, deep clean. Start by decluttering every room to open up your home. After that, clean areas you don’t scrub every week including kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Shine your bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Vacuum your furniture and the area under and behind it as well.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Wipe down your screens and windows to get rid of smudges and dirt. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
Now that you’ve cleaned your house and decluttered it, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate your rooms is to use what you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room a completely new feel. Or try shopping your home, which means switching out the items you already have between rooms. Add more color to your rooms with bright accessories, fresh paint, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo a room, then look through our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s packed with photos of eye-catching rooms and window treatments for any space in your house. Once you’ve decided on a color scheme and style you like, you can bring in matching accessories, paint colors, and furniture.
A simple update for your rooms is to add window treatments that complement your existing décor and enhance your rooms. You can select from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters. We also offer blinds and shades.
Check Out More Design Tips
Take a look at our design tips for more ideas for your home. And if you see a look and window treatment that you want for your home, call us at 813-580-7288 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will help you pick the perfect window treatment to give your room a beautiful new look this spring.